Friday 31 July 2015

Last day at work - new beginnings

Today was my last day of work, in a place that make me grow, despite the dificulties. In the end, no place is perfect in the real world. And as a parting gift i give a red rose to every woman and a fancy pen to every man that worked with me in the past months. Why, would you ask? Because i can. I couldn't help myself to notice their reactions, and just this bit, the way in which you accept an unexpected gift, make me know more about them than i could learn in the whole amount of time of working together. I had so much fun. Fat or skinny, young or old, didn't matter to me, every one of them get their gift, and their reactions varied from: "why?" or "must cost you a fortune to do this" to hug without being able to say a word ( in fact she said after a while that nobody ever did something like that there ). I told them that it was a privilege to work with them and after that i just left. Nobody knew that it was my last day at work there until i told them. But at least something very amusing happen. Being the time to end the shift, everyone was going home smiling, full of hope, holding a rose as a personal trophy and we got even random people on the street noticing that and smiling back.
Who was thinking that one person can generate such a shift in a very solid pattern of daily thoughts through an apparently insemnificative act ?

P.S. This is not only a selfless act, but also a variation of the Stop technique developed by Gurdjieff at the beginning of the 20th century.

No comments:

Post a Comment