Sunday 13 September 2015

Eppur si muove

Motto:What do we want?
Time travel
When do we want it?
Is irrelevant.


I was thinking i didn't hear it first time. So i asked:
-Please tell me again who do you said you are?
-I am you from the future, not really from your future, as i belong to another line of events...
-Like a parallel universe, you mean?
- Yes, something like that. I came here to warn you. Your entire civilization was lost because of you. This is the turning point. That's why i came back exactly now.
-Stop, i do not understand, i said with a glass of water in one hand and one little pill in the other hand. What do you mean? How come one entire civilization can be extincted because of me?
-I know is hard to believe, but is true. I came only now because is the first time i can. We just discovered inter-dimensional time travel. Let's me explain. What you are starting right now, taking Carbomidazole for you thyroid hyper-activity will have disastrous consequences for the mankind. In the alternate universe where i was living i did not take them. So my thyroid hormones apparent imbalance took me to a further step in creativity. And not only. One day i was surprised to realize that i could translate the electromagnetic radio waves around me and hear the mobile calls. I specialized in anti-aging research. I discovered internal and external enhancer for the human body. Bionic replacements, artificial senses enhancers, human memory uploading, you name it and i did it. Look at me, you will think my age is around 37, but in fact i am 178.
He took off his jacket and showed me some very advanced piece of technology.
-Titanium exoskeleton, bionic eye, taste buds and ear, unlimited uploading space on the cloud and much more. But the real reason i am here is a second chance. In our world i am the most wanted person. It was a huge debate about morality versus technological immortality. In the end the church won. Every major company in biotechnology research was closed. Life extension was banned. I just wanted you to find about us. And make your choice.
Saying this he just put his hoodie and made his way into the crowded street. I was thinking about his words. And i decided. I put the pill on my tongue, and i swallow it with a bit of water. I was always thinking that in life doesn't matter how long you breathe, but how many times you had you breath taken away.




No comments:

Post a Comment