Thursday 15 June 2017

Until the end of Time

She was mysterious and beautiful, in some secret way. Everybody noticed her, and it was a wonder how she  was not a model or Miss World kind of celebrity. This were my thoughts, until i realized that a very powerful compulsion was working to make me forget her, as soon as i was leaving that tiny town.
- What kind of witch are you, i asked her as soon as i came back.
- I am not the kind of witch you were thinking, At least i was not called that name in the last three centuries, she said smiling. I am just a humble shopkeeper, taking care of the local attraction. Nothing more.
-You are  saying that, and yet, i never met someone with such a mastery in palmistry and tarot reading.




Now i was curious. I always wanted to visit the cave promoted by the local museum, right under her shop, but somehow i never found time to do it. It was open only in the weekend, for a couple of hours, and, even if i was coming regularly to this little town, to do my checks on my car at the local car dealers, it was happening during the week. So one day i came especially for this. She was the guide, explaining to me that nobody really knows about the origins of the cave, and some presume that is has to do with the Templar's Abbey, while others think that an ancient christian monk use to live there. Hence the crosses and the sculpture of St. Katherine from the cave's wall.



I studied it with interest, noticing the similarities with the Egyptian and Linear B alphabets. I found and read the legend of St Katherine. The story said that she was a beautiful scholar, wisest beyond imagination, and that in becoming a Christian, the roman emperor tried to persuade her to become his wise and he even gathered 50 of the most well-known philosophers, priests and sages, to convince her to renounce at her beliefs. In the end, she managed to convince all of them 50 to become Christians. They were instantly killed by the emperor, and she was condemned to death. They wanted to use a spiked wheel, but she just touched the wheel and it shattered into dust. She was then beheaded, and the angels carried her body away. The researcher Donald Attwater said about this history that it is a lie, existing only in the mind of some Greek writer, and invention meant to provide a counterpart to the story of the pagan philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria (350-415 A.D.)

As i was not doing any of my projects, i rented a flat and stayed in Royston for the summer. Often we were awake until late at night, talking about ancient civilizations. She was very knowledgeable, and i was happy to meet someone to exchange ideas about few of my theories. We developed some complicit relation, talking with our eyes only or having our own jokes. My own awareness spiked and reached a new level, letting me to go deeper in the meditation process. In the morning i would do my training, in the evening i will talk with her, and weeks passing by, we became close and caring for each other. Until that night, when everything changed.

I took her hand, and walked inside, when she suddenly turned back and kissed me. Being a gentleman, i returned the kiss, and just few minutes later we embraced wildly in the unknown dance of two becoming one. After that, night after night, one unbreakable bond will bring us together, to reach the most exquisite nuances of love. But every time she was there, in the bed, at sunset, just her naked body and a scarf around her neck. Which make me wonder, what was she hiding?

Next evening i asked her, and she winked at me with one of her questionable looks. Then, she slowly undress herself, scarf included. A scar marked her neck, all around. A bit surprised, i asked:
- Do not tell me, you are St Katherine? Who are you? What are you?
-I am Queen Behenu, former wife of the Pharaoh Pepi the Second, mistress of the Arts, immortal. Also named Hatshepsut, St. Katherine, Hypatia of Alexandria, Agnes Samson, Marie Laveau and few other names.
-Are you a Christian?
-I am a healer, and Christian religion was an easy way to pretend that it is not me, but the Divine will. In some way, it is true. No tell me, who are you? I have seen that my forgetfulness spell seems to not affect you. And your knowledge is not far behind mine.

Now i was laughing. She got me.
- I am Vlad the Stormcloudrider, Master of the Scholomance, Initiate in the all 64 internal kung-fu styles of the East, also immortal. And all this time i was thinking that i am the only one. I am glad that i found out now, two days before i need to go. Now indulge me one curiosity, out of the whole world, why are you living here?
-Think about it, she said.
I understood.
-It is the cave, right?
-Yes, it is indeed. It is constructed on the exact point where two major ley lanes meet, the Michael and the Mary ley lane. It helps me to use some self-sustaining spells. Like the forgetfulness one, for example.



The time was flying now, And there i was, saying good-bye.
-I will come back as soon as i finish my business, i said.
-You gonna find me here. I'll wait.

Maybe was fate, or destiny, or some celestial joke. But i am happy now, and my life makes some sense. In the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment